Thursday, June 11, 2009

School's Out For the Summer!

I survived! And my kidlets survived, too. No broken bones this year, just some tonsils extracted and the very rare set of rabies shots (seriously...so not joking). So I sent my group off to third grade, and I met most of my new group. I thought I had met ALL of them, but on Monday, my administrator dropped the bomb that we were going back down to three sections of second grade instead of four, pushing each class's numbers back up into the twenties. That's a LOT of little kids (and when they first come into 2nd grade, they're still babies) in a teeny, tiny, misshapen space. I'm really disappointed that this happened, mainly for our students' sakes. I feel like my grade level has a huge *KICK ME* sign on its back.

So...what's new?

We are making plans to go see Brad Paisley in Salt Lake City on September 19. We're talking like 10-15 people. You know how much I love Brad, and it's been years since I've seen him. We're getting GOOD seats, and we're going to stay overnight. That many women hosing over a hot, talented man. It's bound to be a good time. SO excited. Tickets go on sale on Saturday. Karen better be online at 10 to purchase them. LOL.:)

Next week on Monday and Tuesday I go to writing training. Everyone in my grade level is going, and I'm really excited to implement the strategies we learn about with students. I think my team and I might use what we learn to write our professional growth plans for next year.

After that, it's our 3 year anniversary. Ry and I got married on June 24, 2006 on a rainy, cool, June afternoon. It was one of the best days of my life. Ry's job changed this week. Instead of just running over to Utah each nay, now he's got to go up into Idaho and back down. As if that weren't enough, now he has to be with another driver for the entire route. He gets paid a little bit more, but I don't know that its worth his sanity. I feel bad for him...the guy he drives with now is temporary until the permanent guy moves his family up here. But if you know anything about my husband, he is 100% completely ADD. He cannot sit still, and for the last part of his route, he has to be back in the sleeper. We're thinking about buying a Nintendo DS and a Wii for at home so he can get some exercise quickly when he gets home, which has been between 10 and 11 pm this week. He has to get up when they call him, and that's been between 4 and 5 am this week. So poor honey doesn't get much time at home, and I miss him. We've got to plan what we want to do for our anniversary. Something simple--I just want to spend some time together.

After our anniversary I'm planning on heading to Minnesota. I'll be driving by myself, but it's not a big deal. As long as the radio and the AC work, I'm good. I'm planning on spending lots of time with family. The 4th of July is the 10th anniversary of my Dad's arrival in Heaven, so I would like to do something special to mark that occasion. At the time, you never think you're going to make it this far. We have. And I'm happy, like I think my dad would want me to be. I miss him EVERY day. But he wouldn't want me to dwell on it. I know he is safe in the arms of our Savior, and that when its my time to go Home, he'll be there, wondering what took me so long.

Anyway, during my trip to Minnesota, I'm looking forward to doing some baseball games, both in the Cities and in Fargo, meeting family and friends' new babies, spending time with my mom and my sister, visiting lakes, and seeing old friends. It's been a while.

So, a friend from college had me read this book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility," and it was really interesting, and helpful. So hopefully sometime soon, we'll have an announcement for you! And for us. Yay!

I suppose that's it for now. It might be another two months before I write again, who knows? I hope this finds all of you well and healthy. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment