Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Huge Whine

Okay, so I've been exercising my hiney off. That's not what makes me whiney, though. What makes me whiney is people's reactions, and what other people do when they exercise. They don't even make me whiney as much as ANGRY.

So tonight, for instance, I went to the new city park that's just up the road from our apartment. I drove, because I was lazy. At this new park, they have a half-mile long trail. So I walked it. It's intermingled with a disc golf course, but there were only two guys playing. So I did that twice, and then got sick of getting in the golfers' way. I treked out of the park, leaving my car, and took to the city streets. I walked through a residential area, and then out onto a more busy "thoroughfare," if you could call it that in this little town. I was turning onto another fairly busy street when a car full of dumbassed teenage boys pulled up beside me and proceeded to shriek and howl at me. Unfortunately, I stooped to their level and whipped out my flicker fingers at them. I really shouldn't do that because I'm a smalltown teacher. It just irks me off. This is our 2nd full summer here, and it never fails that when I go out walking somewhere, this crap happens.

Now, I know that they're teenagers, and that hormones cloud their judgement, and thoughts of busty women in French bikinis completely mask any semblance of manners, but this is ridiculous. I also know that I resemble a very, very hefty, yet very, very stout linebacker. I know that I have a huge ass, and that apparently is mildly amusing. But what I don't know is why its fun to hoot and howl at an Eva Braun look-alike who could clearly break you in half. Anyone have any ideas? I just don't get it.

Fast forward a few minutes to the gym. I've been going since what...February now? I have to tell you a few things that kind of crack me up or irk me off.

1. Men who tan. It reeks of weeniness.
2. Men who cannot lift a weight unless they are staring in a mirror at themselves.
3. Men who, as they walk back and forth to the water fountain, feel the need to check themselves out in the mirror on a continuous basis.
4. These women who feel the need to get into their best clothes to workout. And then their workout consists of five minutes walking on a treadmill, lifting a weight five times, and then talking for half an hour.
5. Any type of cell phone usage. I don't care which of your friends got jiggy with Mr. Roboto at Killpecker's last night. I really don't.

Okay. Now I'm done. And I'm tired. And Ryan's home...YAY!

And, just a little FYI, my pedometer readouts for today are:

11230 total steps
7769 aerobic steps
70 minues of aerobic exercise
728 calories burned
5.67 miles traveled

Take that, you stupid hoser teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment