I begin my stimulating meds for our second try at IVF.
I'll be taking almost twice the amount of stimulation meds I did for our first attempt. I have bloodwork at the butt crack of dawn on Thursday that will be completed stat so my doctor in Salt Lake can decide whether or not I need to take more meds, less, or stay where we are. I have my first ultrasound during the stimulation on Monday, September 19th, and expect an ultrasound every other day until its time to take the trigger shot. Thirty-six hours after the trigger, we have an egg retrieval, and then 5 days after that, we'll have our embryo transfer and hope for a positive pregnancy test.
We've been going back and forth on how many embryos to transfer. Transferring one would probably be best health-wise, but transferring two really increases our chances of a baby. I think we'll do this: transfer one REALLY good embryo, and maybe one NOT so great embryo. We know that God is the only One who can breathe life into our little ones, regardless of the "grade" of embryo they are.
So...please pray for us, and our future little ones as we go through this process. Please pray for some emotional stability, and healthy stimming and hopefully a healthy pregnancy...
I just wanted to say that I 100% agree with the statement that God is the one who decides, not the grade of the embryos.
ReplyDeleteI had FOUR implanted the last time, three Grade AA Jumbo Fancy (or whatever) and one not-so-great. I absolutely, without a doubt KNOW that Sophie was the supposedly not-so-great embryo, and she is the bestest kiddo I've ever met. :-)
You can do this, Marcie. God is waiting for that perfect moment to bless you beyond your wildest dreams.
Tons of love from fargo!